Rules

The Bugs forum thread is not just for reporting bugs to the administration. It is intended to solve technical problems encountered in the game. Before creating a topic, you should check to see if there is a topic with the bug that you want to report. In order to report bugs or glitches, you can create a new thread instead of writing in the existing threads. Topics with the title Bug, Glitch will not be considered. Try to put a brief description of your problem in the title of the topic. If the problem described above occurred on another account, be sure to specify the account where it occurred.
Ответственный: Семен  

Pirate domination

Сообщение  Сообщение #1 
Группа guest
Hi,

the description of pirate domination says that the OPS around my planet gets the resources that are drained from my planet. This is wrong. No resources from pirate domination count towards the resources on the OPS.

Pirate domination description: http://prntscr.com/odvhzo
Resources on the OPS after a couple of days with pirate domination: http://prntscr.com/odvi5r
Медаль третьего класса

Медаль третьего класса

Эту медаль можно обменять на медаль флота. Выдается за заслуги перед проектом.

Выдал медаль: Семен

12 Июля 2019 04:04:33
12 Июля 2019 04:04:33
Сообщение  Сообщение #2 
Репутация 62
Группа humans 35 9 15 Сообщений 3204
Tii, Thanks, issue solved

UPD. Not solved, closed by mistake
12 Июля 2019 13:33:26
12 Июля 2019 13:33:26
Сообщение  Сообщение #3 
Репутация 62
We made it work such way. Calculating production is a one of most resource-intensive part of our game. We do as many optimization as we can. 

It is very easy to do tribute subtraction from player`s planets and it is very hard to do resource`s addition to NPC`s planets. So I just did subtraction`s part and "throw" you resources away.

You can think that pirates wasted you resources on drinks, ladies and other cool stuff.
15 Июля 2019 22:37:45
15 Июля 2019 22:37:45
Сообщение  Сообщение #4 
Группа guest
In case you do not have it like this yet, I would have an idea for an optimization.

Do not calculate the resource production often. Calculate it when a production-influencing value changes and save the result.
Then only work with the result instead of calculating it anew every time.
Only update the result when a production-influencing value changes.

Production-influencing values are:

Building levels (build/destroy) of res prod
Researches (for example vespene research of xerjs)
Alliance taxes
Dominance taxes
OPS appears/disappears
Dues (taken capital key)
A couple of Medals
Planet colonization (important for imperium view's total)
A couple of officers/mutants/elders
Amortization
Depletion

I think you get what I mean with it. Only when one of this values changes re-calculate the stored results. If the implementation of this is possible it should significantly reduce the necessary calculations.

Just an idea..

Addition:  I was bored and made you a drawing..
http://prntscr.com/ofkyq6
15 Июля 2019 22:55:49
15 Июля 2019 22:55:49
Сообщение  Сообщение #5 
Репутация 62
Thanks Tii, you just described our algorithm)
16 Июля 2019 08:48:46
16 Июля 2019 08:48:46
Сообщение  Сообщение #6 
Группа guest
Alright :)
Then I know where we stand. And I wouldn't call this "bad" for a first guess ;)

I don't know how others feel about this but I personally would not mind if my resources are updated once every 15 seconds rather than being permanently up to date. 30 seconds would be fine too I guess but 60 seconds should be considered too long. If this is a improvement mostly depends on if you're really calculating the resources for every second or if you're only updating on user access, which could be considered a option too to save resources.

There also is another, a little crazy, idea I had. You basically have a network of at least 800 permanently connected computers which would be able to calculate the resources, instead of the server doing it, in advance for the players and the database only applies the pre-calculated values at the correct time. This would completely remove the servers need to calculate the resources and freeing a lot of capacities. On the other hand this slightly increases the load on the database. This idea would work even smoother when paired with the first idea of updating the resources only once in a while rather than permanently.
16 Июля 2019 09:28:26
16 Июля 2019 09:28:26
Сообщение  Сообщение #7 
Репутация 62
We can`t trust those 800 computers. And we do not update frequently we just store start time and resources speed, so we just update when player updates page, if player offline we do not update production.

Pirate domination was a fast solution, I had a limited time to make this feature and as I know we don`t have plans to upgrade it to something better.

So it is definitely not a bug we made it work such way... booze, ladies...
16 Июля 2019 13:30:55
16 Июля 2019 13:30:55

Информация

Вы не авторизованы