Game killer, Are the xerj unreasonably strong?

Сообщение  Сообщение #1 
Группа guest
Is it just my impression or does the Xerj race have a massive advantage compared to the other two?

In my opinion their contaminate technology which allows them to basically steal your mine provides them with a an advantage so great it's nearly a game breaker.

Defending your resources against terrans or droids is relatively easy: you can spend your resources by the time they get to your planet, build caches or just send the resources between planets just before the attack(s) reach you. So raiding as a terran is often times useless especially over long distances when the other player has plenty of time to take evasive measures.

However none of these strategies works when facing a xerj opponent as even though you might save your existing resources the other player will contaminate your mine and basically cripple your economy. In fact a xerj player with a modest fleet can easily grow huge in just a matter of weeks just by constantly contaminating other players. (I've seen this happen). He can basically get more resources per hour in by contaminating than another race can get by owning a large number of planets.

Also if a stronger xerj player wants he can basically make your game unplayable by constantly contaminating all your mines on all your planets if his fleet is stronger than yours.

This provides a massive handicap in my view for the other races and gives the xerj an unfair advantage. This realisation allmost made me want to stop playing the game.

What are your thoughts on the matter?
4 Декабря 2014 23:45:09
4 Декабря 2014 23:45:09
Сообщение  Сообщение #2 
Группа guest
the contamination effect is just when a queen is stealing your resouses from your planet and its just a certain percent. when the queens cargo is full(50000) she leaves your planet but there can be more than 1 queen at a time but the percent dosent change. yes this dose make the zerge a little more powerfull than the other races if played right but thats to be expected if you have played the other starcraft games (dont say this isn't starcarft because it obviously is).
5 Декабря 2014 01:11:53
5 Декабря 2014 01:11:53
Сообщение  Сообщение #3 
Группа guest
A little more powerfull? I think that's an understatement.

First of all when it comes to raiding the advantage is overwhelming. As i said before as a terran or a droid the chances of actually getting something out of an attack are slim to none considering the long distances involved and the long time period it takes to reach the attack destination. Plenty of time for the defender to protect his resources one way or another. However except for having a stronger fleet than the attacker (which is unlikely, players don't like to engage in kamikaze attacks) there is no protection against the xerj contamination.

Also if a stronger xerj player takes you into his sight and decides to fuck with you he can basically make your game unplayable. A player with a stronger fleet can infect your planet(s) and take away your resources. And do that time and time again, everytime the queens get full and returns he sends them back. Considering he is an already in a stronger position than you by also taking away valuable resources he ensures you will never be able to challenge him ensuring that you will become his farm untill he gets bored or you get to annoyed to play anymore
5 Декабря 2014 11:48:10
5 Декабря 2014 11:48:10
Сообщение  Сообщение #4 
Группа guest
ok i was only replying about the contamination i didnt metion anything else. if your worried about becoming some ones farm u can always join or start an alliance alliance always provide better protection than just being on your own
5 Декабря 2014 22:32:44
5 Декабря 2014 22:32:44
Сообщение  Сообщение #5 
Группа guest
Quote: pinkmage234
ok i was only replying about the contamination i didnt metion anything else. if your worried about becoming some ones farm u can always join or start an alliance alliance always provide better protection than just being on your own

This chat dead. if you have questions on the game (any), please contact me in personal correspondence
6 Декабря 2014 02:26:41
6 Декабря 2014 02:26:41
Сообщение  Сообщение #6 
Репутация 0
Группа humans 13 5 7 Сообщений 1
There needs to be a way to remove the contaminate that players can use like the ability to attack the Queen infectign a plant. I have tried the other methods listed and they do not work which means there is no way to remove contaminate.
15 Сентября 2023 16:14:10
15 Сентября 2023 16:14:10
Сообщение  Сообщение #7 
Репутация 118
Группа humans Альянс Combining the Zerg and Terran 66 41 95 Очков 5 903 325 Сообщений 43
BCKiller, you can remove them via psi or via downgrading the building one level
15 Сентября 2023 17:15:10
15 Сентября 2023 17:15:10
Сообщение  Сообщение #8 
Репутация 457
Группа xerj Альянс BLACK OPS 110 81 333 Очков 4 481 968 Сообщений 18
No, thé Tosses are stronger
17 Сентября 2023 12:27:49
17 Сентября 2023 12:27:49
Сообщение  Сообщение #9 
Репутация 8
Группа xerj Альянс OnlyOneTeam4Rever 49 49 37 Очков 1 593 584 Сообщений 33
Queens can be removed by destroying level of building. Queens can be destroyed by psi detector. Queens can be eaten by lex. With changes to fog of war it is very difficult to even find a spot for your queens. Production from mines are very small part of resources income you should be getting, more comes from pirates, raiding, destroying objects. If you relly on mines only you are doing it wrong.
Now zerg do have queens but have no reliable access to gravity gun. There is only OPS that an be stolen. I would trade all my queens for GG any time.
19 Сентября 2023 11:00:08
19 Сентября 2023 11:00:08

Информация

Вы не авторизованы